Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Fashion Emergency

Six years ago a close friend invited me to her SPRING, OUTDOOR, AFTERNOON wedding to a then Microsoft executive. My outfit: a black tulle cocktail number with black hose, black shoes and a black satin bag. I stood out like a tall weed among a garden of flowers--the soft, pretty, pastel flowers in the dresses of every other female attendee. I still relive this fashion debacle at stressful wardrobing moments.

If only I had known about
Chic Simple's, What Should I Wear? Dressing for Occasions I could have saved myself much pain and embarrassment. Chic Simple founders Kim Johnson Gross and Jeff Stone have been dishing out tasteful fashion advice since long before Carson Kressley could walk. Itemized by season as well as by special event, their book is loaded with clear photographs of perfectly accessorized outfits, timeless advice on selecting quality pieces, tips on maintaining and storing last season's wardrobe and marvelous (sometimes hysterical) fashion quotes culled from popular culture and English literature.

No comments: